Monday, August 17, 2009
don't steal shit!
Patrick, sorry to hear about your bikes, That SUCKS!
Note: the Hold*Fast FRS on Patrick's Pista Concept, The first stolen pair ....
good luck guys! I hope you find them.
EVERYONE... OUR BIKES WERE STOLEN!
This was a sad day for Jake Ricker (Laali), Jacopo Volpe (Dodici), Ryan Schuetze (Go Means Go), and myself (Patrick/PEDAL Consumption). Last night around 11:55PM, we returned to our U-Haul van that was parked a few blocks from the Rotture on MLK & Ash St. Immediately, we noticed the window was broken. Our bikes, two frames w/forks, and several bags were stolen. We know this had to be the work of more than one person. What’s strange is that the thieves didn’t take the third frame w/fork and a rim set. Maybe they had to much to carry... who knows?
We did this event for the Fixed Gear community of Portland. I worked my ass off to get prizes for everyone because I wanted to take part in helping people who I embrace. I even used my own money to help promote this event. The top picture is Jake’s 3Rensho and the bottom photo is a color example of my Pista Concept. The Pista Concept was just built, so I didn’t get a chance to take photos... except when I did a Hold Fast review which doesn’t show much.
Anyhow, is this how we treat people who visit our town? It’s FUCKED UP! What’s even worse is that I had to pay $200 to U-haul for the broken window... and that included me getting insurance which proved to be useless!
• Frame: Pista Concept 2007 (white)
• Front Wheel: Phil Wood Low-Flange (silver), H Plus Son (gold), DT Swiss Spokes (black)
• Rear Wheel: Phil Wood Low-Flange (silver), H Plus Son (gold), DT Swiss Spokes (black)
• Headset: Stock Cane Creek (black)
• Stem: Thomson Elite 50mm (black)
• Handlebars: Nitto B-201 Riser Bars (black)
• Seatpost: Thomson Elite (black)
• Saddle: Sam Marco Supercorsa (black)
• Cranks: Sugino 75 (black)
• Bottom Bracket: Sugino 75
• Chainring: Sugino 75 - 44t (black)
• Pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC (black)
• Toe Straps: Hold Fast
• Frame: 3Rensho (purple-metallic)
• Front Wheel: SPIN Tri-Spoke (white)
• Rear Wheel: Chub Hub (black), H Plus Son Formation Face (black)
• Headset: Campy NJS (silver)
• Stem: Dura-Ace (silver)
• Handlebars: Syntace Pursuit Bars (silver)
• Seatpost: Thomson Elite (silver)
• Saddle: Sam Marco Rolls Ti (white)
• Cranks: Sugino 75 (silver)
• Bottom Bracket: Hatta
• Chainring: Sugino 75 - 49t (silver)
• Pedals: MKS Sylvan (silver)
• Toe Straps: Cadence Double (black)
Other Items Stolen
• Jake's custom Freight Baggage (black) bag that contained a digital and film camera and a $400 Patagonia jacket (black)
• Ryan’s shoulder bag containing 10 Macaframa DVD’s and Go Means Go shirts
• Dodici Veloce frame (pink/chrome) w/chrome fork
• Leader 721TR Track Frame/Fork (white)
Who ever has any helpful information, please contact me. We are offering a reward... NO QUESTIONS ASKED! I don't think the thieves realize who they stole from and most likely WILL get caught. So if the thieves are reading this, either drop off everything you stole at City Bikes on Ankeny & 8th (NO QUESTIONS ASKED) or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or email Jake at email@example.com (NO QUESTIONS ASKED).
We filed a police report, so if you have any information, feel free to call Officer Joel M. Ockunzzi (#49841) of the Portland Police Department. The case number is 090 72910.
Lastly... the Rose City Fix event was a success! The turnout was better than we thought. Congrats to Walton for winning the alleycat race and Zach for winning the trick competition! We will post results very soon and photos as well!
*THIS POST WILL REMAIN AT THE TOP TILL THE END OF MONTH*